UK intellectual luminary Bea Campbell is now in Australia to debate politics from post-Revolution to post-Brexit in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Newcastle, and Sydney.
Bea Campbell is a UK author, playwright, filmmaker, journalist, political commentator and broadcaster and will speak at a series of events as part of a national tour organised by the SEARCH Foundation to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the Russian Revolution.
Bea Campbell Tour:
- Newcastle: 7.30 pm Thursday 2 November: Now what? — 100 years after the Russian Revolution Carrington Room, Level 3, Hunter Unions Building, 406-408 King St., Newcastle West SEARCH Facebook
- Brisbane: 5.30 pm Monday 6 November: What’s left? 100 yrs after the Russian Revolution Chair: Howard Guille, Level 2 16 Peel St, TLC Building., South Brisbane (5:30pm – drinks; 6:30 pm Bea Campbell)
- Adelaide: 5.30 pm Wednesday 8 November: What’s left? 100 yrs after the Russian Revolution Room G04, Napier Building, the University of Adelaide, North Terrace
- Melbourne: 6.00 pm-7.30 pm Thursday 9 November: We Revolt at Dawn: The death of patriarchy and prospects for gender equality. In conversation with Santilla Chingaipe and Karen Pickering. Upstairs at the Athenaeum, 188 Collins Street. Tickets: https://bit.ly/WeRevoltAtDawn
- Melbourne: 2.00 pm-6.30 pm Saturday 11 November: Now what? — 100 years after the Russian Revolution. Keynote address and two panels. Federation of Education Unions, 120 Clarendon Street, Southbank. https://now-what-beatrix-campbell.eventbrite.com.au
- Melbourne: 7.00 pm, Saturday 11 November: Dinner at the Golden Gate Hotel: https://bea-campbell-dinner.eventbrite.com.au
- Sydney: 2.00 pm – 4.30 pm Sunday 12 November: Feminist Forum – Why doesn’t patriarchy die? OWN Centre, Victoria St, Newtown, NSW https://why-doesnt-patriachy-die.eventbrite.com.au
- Sydney: 5.15 pm Tuesday 14 November: Now what? — 100 years on from the Russian Revolution. NSW Teachers Federation, Mary Street, Surry Hills. https://now-what-bea-campbell-sydney.eventbrite.com.au