SEARCH committee elections, nomination, closing date, regulations
Nominations are called for the posts of President, Vice President and Honorary Treasurer and for seven other Committee members. All financial members of the SEARCH Foundation are eligible to be nominated for these posts. Nominations must be supported by a nominator and a seconder who are also financial members.
If you wish to be nominated for the elections, you will need to return a completed Nomination Form to the address specified on the Nomination Form by mail, fax or by email, by 5:00 PM, 19 October 2017 [NB: All times shown on this notice are Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time].
A Nomination Form or may be downloaded by clicking here.
Note that, along with a Nomination Form, candidates are requested to:
- supply a statement no longer than 250 words (in MS Word or equivalent) along with a digital photograph;
- specify the way in which you would wish you name to appear on the ballot paper; and
- provide your preferred email address and contact phone number, to assist in the administration of the election.
It is a condition of nomination and candidacy for the election that candidates must undertake to read and to comply with the authorised SEARCH Foundation Election Regulations, which may be downloaded by clicking here. Candidates may withdraw their nomination at any time until 5:00 PM on Thursday 26 October 2017.
Voting will be conducted in secret by postal and online ballot commencing at 5:00 PM Thursday 2 November 2017. Online voting shall conclude at 5:00 PM on Thursday 23 November 2017. Postal votes must be received in the designated post office box as part of the normal Australia Post sorting on the final day for votes to be received.
The poll will be declared at the 2017 Annual General Meeting, the details of which will shortly be notified to members by the Company Secretary.
All communications regarding the election, including requests for additional Nomination Forms or the SEARCH Foundation Election Regulations, should be addressed to:
- the Returning Officers, Paul Norton, at E: P.Norton@griffith.edu.au; or Adrian Shackley at E: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- the Prescribed Officer, Amalina Wallace, at E: email@example.com, T: 02 9698 4918.
Adrian Shackley and Paul Norton